Green Belt to Black BeltThe transition from Green Belt to Black Belt
Would you like to learn how to guide and implement the improvement projects but already successfully completed the Green Belt training? Then the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt to Black Belt training will be the right choice for you.
You have completed your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and gained experience in optimising processes as a Green Belt project manager. Now, you are ready for the next phase of your Lean Six Sigma knowledge and you want to develop into a Black Belt. This is possible with our Green to Black Belt training in which both your knowledge of statistics and your Lean Six Sigma techniques will be expanded and developed within 8 days. During this training, you will also learn how to coach Green Belts at your organisation and how to support the others with statistics.
Length of the course
This training takes 8 days and it is being divided into 4 blocks, which has total lessons time of 64 hours.
The training times are from 9:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Also, you are going to prepare for each block, therefore you should reserve approximately 4 hours of preparation per block, so 16 hours in total. This is about putting the learned theory into practice as much as possible.
If you choose to take an exam, the exam follows the training, and it will take 3 hours. Exam preparation time varies per participant. From our experiences, we recommend for the most of participants approximately 20 hours of preparation. This exam includes both the Green Belt and the Green Belt to Black Belt materials.
Like our other trainings, the Green to Black Belt training combines theory and practical approach. After completing the training, you will be able to implement independently Lean Six Sigma project improvements within your organisation and to guide improvement programs based on the Green Belts. Briefly, an intensive and practical training, which you can apply directly in your own situation.
The outline of the 8-day training is as following:
Assignment preparation: “Portfolio Lean Six Sigma Green Belt”
- Masterclass Policy Deployment; This deepening module deals with program management and Lean Six Sigma Policy Deployments. The main question is: “How do we roll out process improvement in organizations and what is getting involved?”. This block involves a step-by-step improvement program for the organisation. We’re dealing with techniques such as Scrum, Lean Leadership, OGSM and the change map.
Assignment preparation: “Make a change map for your own organisation”
- Masterclass Advanced Six Sigma; During this block, the participants learn how to analyse data according to the Six Sigma method. This includes hypothesis testing, process performance analysis and measurement system analysis. No woolly statistics but concrete examples and implementations. Next to it, we’re also working with Minitab.
Assignment preparation: “Data collection and analysis”
- Masterclass Advanced Lean; Lean offers many techniques to analyse and improve even the most difficult processes. We will discuss it during this module, and how the processes can be analysed using Value Stream Mapping.
Assignment preparation: ” Future State Value Stream Map for an own process”
- Masterclass Black Belt; As a Black Belt you will implement Green Belts projects. Supervising projects or coaching are required skills but one can be learned. Based on the Kata coaching, we will teach our participants to coach Green Belts.
During the last part of this block, we will ensure adequate exam preparation.
There are several routes to go from Green Belt to Black Belt.
We offer three variants:
Certificate Green Belt to Black Belt
After this training you will receive a certificate of participation. To be fully certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt you need to meet the following requirements:
- The certificate of participation: you have obtained this by completing the training.
- The theory exam: you have succesfully demonstrated a knowledge of the theory by taking an exam. All components of the training are being tested. This exam includes the multiple-choice questions and open questions.
- The practical assignment: you have performed a Lean Six Sigma assignment in your organization, and you have carried out this project independently. The aim is to demonstrate ability to analyse processes and to implement project improvements, where you can use a template provided by Lean Six Sigma Group. Your project will be examined by a Master Black Belt from Lean Six Sigma Groep.
If you have chosen to follow the training including an exam and certification, an additional fee of € 300.00 excluding VAT will be charged.
A single purchase of an exam and certification will cost € 350.00 excluding VAT. Visit the Black Belt Exam page to register for an exam.
The Black Belt exam of Lean Six Sigma Groep examines the subject matter covered during the training.
Lean Six Sigma Groep is accredited by IASSC, ASQ, LCS and CEDEO. The Lean Six Sigma Group meets the internationally applicable requirements and standards, and high quality of our trainings is guaranteed.
Our training courses and certificates are accredited by LCS, which stands for Lean Competency System. This is a quality mark for training courses in continuous improvement and it is affiliated with the University of Cardiff. The LCS certificate is being recognized internationally. If you have any questions about it, please contact us.
Curious for more?
In the form below you can download the brochure of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training. Here you will find more detailed information about the training. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.