The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training is the fastest route to become a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. The Black Belt training lasts for 15 days and combines the Green Belt training and the Green to Black Belt training. The Green Belt training will be a start-up point and you will learn how to implement a project according to the Lean Six Sigma method. Then you will move on to the Green Belt to Black Belt training, where you will also gain more in-depth knowledge.
You will develop competencies to lead processes improvement and implementation. Then we will teach you step by step how to become a Lean Six Sigma expert, who can solve complex problems, coach Green Belts and implement the Lean Six Sigma program. It is an intensive and practical training that you can apply directly in your own work environment. Would you like to follow the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training in Dutch? Click on the button below.
Target audience Black Belt training
The Black Belt training is being chosen by project leaders, projects managers and consultants who wants to get started with Lean Six Sigma. No previous education is required for this training. The Black Belt training is comparative to university level.
Length of the Black Belt training
The Black Belt training lasts for 15 days spread over 7 blocks. In total, 120 hours of class time. Training times are from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The necessary preparation takes place for each of the 7 blocks, therefore you should reserve approximately 4 hours for preparation per block, so 28 hours in total. This is about putting the learned theory into practice as much as possible.
An exam follows after the Black Belt training, and it will take 3 hours. Exam preparation time varies per participant. From our experiences, we recommend for the most of participants approximately 20 hours of preparation. This exam includes both the Green Belt and the Green Belt to Black Belt materials.
Program Black Belt training
During the Black Belt training you will learn how to improve business processes by detecting, analysing and reducing issues in the processes. It is not only about savings but also about altering processes implementation, particularly on what the customer pays for. The added value for your customer is being placed in the centre. This approach will simplify processes and at the same lead to greater customer satisfaction.
The outline of the 7-day training is as following:
Assignment preparation: “Looking for improvement project “
- Methodology introduction: What is Lean, What is Six Sigma? and how do these methods cooperate with each other?
- Define: Who is the customer, what is the customer need/expectation, which process get involved and how to track the results?
Assignment preparation: “Going through the Define phase for project improvement and presenting the results”
- Measure: determine and performing a measurement, performing a measurement system analysis, determine the size of the obstacle.
Assignment preparation “Execute the Measure phase and presenting the current state” (value stream map and process capability).
- Analyse: identify the causes of the problem, data & process analysis, determine the root cause.
- Improve: seeking for solutions for the root cause, the best solution selection, implementing solution in practice.
- Control: secure the implemented solution, set up permanent measurement, determine results.
- Learning how to execute changes and to guarantee a project succeed within your organization.
- Exam preparation
Assignment preparation: “Implementing the Analyse phase and presenting of the critical causes”
- Masterclass Policy Deployment; This deepening module deals with program management and Lean Six Sigma Policy Deployments. The main question is: “How do we roll out process improvement in organizations and what is getting involved?”. This block involves a step-by-step improvement program for the organisation. We’re dealing with techniques such as Scrum, Lean Leadership, OGSM and the project improvement roadmap.
Assignment preparation: “Make the project improvement roadmap for your own organization”
- Masterclass Advanced Six Sigma; During this block, the participants learn how to analyse data according to the Six Sigma method. This includes hypothesis testing, process performance analysis and measurement system analysis. No woolly statistics but concrete examples and implementations. We’re also working with Minitab.
Assignment preparation: “Data collection and analysis”
- Masterclass Advanced Lean; Lean offers many techniques to analyse and improve even the most difficult processes. We will discuss it during this module, and how the processes can be analysed using Value Stream Mapping.
Assignment preparation: ” Future State Value Stream Map for an own process”
- Masterclass Black Belt; As a Black Belt you will implement Green Belts projects. Supervising projects or coaching are the skills themselves but one that can be learned. Based on the Kata coaching, we will teach our participants how to coach Green Belts.
- During the last part of this block, exam preparation will occur.
Certificate Black Belt English training
After the Black Belt training you will receive a certificate of participation. To be fully certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt you need to meet the following requirements:
- The certificate of participation: you have obtained this by completing the training.
- The theory exam: you have succesfully demonstrated a knowledge of the theory by taking an exam. All components of the training are being tested. This exam includes the multiple-choice questions and open questions.
- The practical assignment: you have performed a Lean Six Sigma assignment in your organization, and you have carried out this project independently. The aim is to demonstrate ability to analyse processes and to implement project improvements, where you can use a template provided by Lean Six Sigma Group. Your project will be examined by a Master Black Belt from Lean Six Sigma Groep.
If you have chosen to follow the training including an exam and certification, an additional fee of € 500.00 excluding VAT will be charged.
A single purchase of an exam and certification will cost € 550.00 excluding VAT. Visit the Black Belt Exam page to register for an exam.
The Black Belt exam of Lean Six Sigma Groep examines the subject matter covered during the training.
Lean Six Sigma Groep is accredited by IASSC, ASQ LCS and CEDEO. The Lean Six Sigma Group meets the internationally applicable requirements and standards, and high quality of our trainings is guaranteed.
Our training courses and certificates are accredited by LCS, which stands for Lean Competency System. This is a quality mark for training courses in continuous improvement and it is affiliated with the University of Cardiff. The LCS certificate is being recognized internationally. If you have any questions about it, please contact us.